To apply for this position, please read our job description and follow ALL of the instructions at the bottom.
EventBooking is looking for a full-time Software QA Lead.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES WORKING IN OUR KNOXVILLE, TN BASED OFFICE
EventBooking is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company specializing in venue management tools for venues worldwide. The QA/Education Team at EventBooking is responsible for testing, documenting, and training users on our software. This breadth of responsibility gives us unique insight into not just if the software is working but if it is working in an intuitive way which meets the needs of our clients. The QA Lead will focus on developing and executing the QA strategy for the department.
Responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a comprehensive test strategy, striking the right balance between manual and automated testing
- Execute the test strategy with the assistance of the QA/Ed department
- Communicate with all departments about release status and timelines
- Be first in line to troubleshoot potential bugs and log clear, reproducible bug reports. Work with developers and product team to triage issues and keep all stakeholders informed of findings and a timeframe for fixes.
- Maintain the excellent working relationship between QA and development
What makes you a great fit for this role?
- Experience developing testing strategies
- Experience testing web-based applications, using browser developer tools, and performing cross-browser testing
- Experience with advanced testing: automation, performance, stress.
- Strong ability to problem solve, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We serve as a bridge between developers and sales/client success and often will need to explain technical issues internally as well as assist with framing issues in a professional way for clients.
- Ability to self-manage and manage the team priorities and tasks.
- Working knowledge of the venue industry would be a plus.
Who you’ll work with:
- Linda Moyer - Director of QA and Education
- Michael Caleb Garrett - QA Engineer / Technical Writer
- Rusty Moorman - Software Engineer (VenueOps Lead Developer)
- Brian Chia - Director of Client Success (VenueOps Product Owner)
- Everyone in the company! We work with developers on issues specific to their work and we serve as a resource to the customer success, sales, and marketing teams.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance coverage available.
- 401(k) with generous company match (eligibility starts after 1 year as a full-time employee).
- Free gym membership at Vital Signs, located within 1-minute walking distance from the office.
- Free catered lunch every Friday at the office.
- 9 paid company holidays per year.
- 14 PTO days.
- Flexible PTO policy allowing you to work from home when needed.
- Opportunity to be on a team with a mission to improve the lives of venue employees around the world through uniquely better software and uniquely better service.
EB Core Values:
We are on a mission to improve the lives of venue managers around the world. We are focused, and moving quickly. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve them, and we do so with software and service that exceeds all expectations. The right team member will exemplify our 4 core values:
- Servant's Heart
- Innovator's Mind
- Playful Spirit
- Owner's Grit
How to Apply:
Please complete both steps to be considered for this position:
- Click “Apply” and follow the steps on the screen.
- Send an email to Linda Moyer at email@example.com with a cover letter (PDF) as well as another copy of your resume (PDF).