Software Implementation Consultant
How to Apply:
Please complete both steps to be considered for this position:
- Click “Apply” and follow the steps on the screen
- Send an email to James Trimble (COO) firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter as well as another copy of your resume.
EventBooking is looking for a full-time Software Implementation Consultant. Internally at EventBooking, this position is referred to as an Implementation Consultant.
The Implementation Consultant is the primary project manager and the main point of contact for venue professionals implementing EventBooking’s VenueOps software. The Implementation Consultant establishes a relationship with the client post-sale, performing business analysis, software configuration, establish workflow and best practices, conducts training, gathers feedback, and ultimately sets them up for long term success. The Implementation Consultant also works with our development team on data conversion and integration projects as needed.
This role requires strong project management and business analysis skills as well as the ability to understand and articulate technical concepts. New accounts involve many moving pieces and have many different stakeholders; the Implementation Consultant brings the different pieces and parties together, manages project requirements and expectations, and delegates and executes project tasks. An understanding of relational databases in the context of report writing is a valuable skill for this position as well.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have strong project management abilities and experience.
- Venue management /event management industry experience is tremendously helpful, and we will prioritize applicants who have this experience
- You’re great at “zooming out” to see the big picture, but not afraid to drill down to the details when needed.
- You like to keep everyone in the loop - you don’t hold back communicating about goals, expectations, tasks, and feedback; you expect the same from others.
- You prefer to argue both sides of an issue, and strive to see things from others’ perspectives.
- You love the latest cutting edge technologies and innovations and have an ability to explain them and demonstrate their value.
- You enjoy talking with clients, both in-person and on the phone, to understand their challenges and discuss solutions.
- You are able to travel several times a year (typically 4-5 days at a time) to conduct on-site training for new clients.
- Experience with report writing tools and relational databases (e.g. DevExpress, Crystal Reports or MS Access) is preferred but not required.
A typical day:
- Start the day with a morning meeting with our Consulting and Client Success Teams.
- Meet with a new client over online call to discuss project timeline and requirements.
- Chat with our team about a new or prospective account.
- Coordinate a call with a client, a 3rd party software vendor, and an EB developer team to discuss an integration project.
- Work on building out a VenueOps account, including custom document templates and reports.
- Work with Client Success Technicians to build reports or dashboards.
- Respond to emails and phone calls as needed.
Who you’ll work with:
- Brian Chia - Director of Product and Consulting
- You’ll report to Brian, who oversees the Consulting Team, on-boards new accounts, and is also the leader of the VenueOps Product Team.
- Kayln Denniston - Senior Implementation Consultant.
- Emma Schenkenberger - Implementation Consultant.
- David Daly - Senior Account Executive.
- Kieley Crisp - Director of Client Success.
- James Trimble - Chief Operating Officer.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage Available.
- 401(k) with generous company match (eligibility starts after 1 year as a full-time employee).
- Free gym membership at Vital Signs, located within 1-minute walking distance from the office.
- Free catered lunch every Friday at the office.
- 9 paid company holidays per year.
- 14 PTO days.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday we work in the office in Knoxville. We work at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Flexible PTO policy allowing you to work from home on any other days when needed.
- Opportunity to be on a team with a mission to improve the lives of venue employees around the world through uniquely better software, and uniquely better service.
- Typical travel requirements - 4-5 days, every few months.
EB Core Values:
We are on a mission to improve the lives of venue managers around the world. We are focused, and moving quick. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve them, and we do so with software and service that exceeds all expectations. The right team member will exemplify our 4 core values.
- Servant's Heart
- Innovator's Mind
- Playful Spirit
- Owner's Grit