To apply for this position, please read our job description and follow the instructions at the bottom.
EventBooking is looking for a full-time Junior AWS Cloud Engineer.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES WORKING IN OUR KNOXVILLE, TN BASED OFFICE.
Responsibilities include implementing or contributing to -
- Configuration and infrastructure management with tools like Terraform.
- Executing and troubleshooting SaaS application deployment procedures.
- Development of and continual improvement of automation and procedures.
- Analyzing and supporting infrastructure in AWS.
- Monitoring system performance and recommend corrective action.
- Documenting the current environment and ongoing maintenance of documentation.
- Collaboration with product owners, developers, and support staff to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of service.
Experience and skills:
- Associates Degree in a related field (Networking, Software Development, Database Administration).
- Knowledge of or desire to learn.
- AWS or other cloud platform administration.
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Powershell.
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS.
- Linux and Linux Administration.
- Git, GitHub, and related tools.
- Application build pipeline tools such as Concourse CI, TeamCity, Jenkins, CodeBuild.
- OWASP security principles.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience working in an AWS environment.
- OR you have traditional IT experience and a committed desire to make a career switch into AWS Cloud Engineering, including additional training.
- OR you are a recent graduate from a software development boot camp, 2-year associates program, or 4-year bachelor’s program with a desire to go full-steam into the exciting world AWS Cloud Engineering.
- You are a team player.
- You are self-motivated and think outside the box.
- You aren’t scared of learning on the job and working hard every day.
- You are excited to work on a small team who is making a massive impact on the venue industry worldwide. (Convention Centers, Arenas, Performing Arts Centers).
Who you’ll work with:
- Thomas Alley - Director of Technical Operations.
- Rob Scott - Chief Technical Officer.
- James Trimble - Chief Operating Officer.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage Available.
- 401(k) with generous company match (eligibility starts after 1 year as a full-time employee).
- Free gym membership at Vital Signs, located within 1-minute walking distance from the office.
- Free catered lunch every Friday at the office.
- 9 paid company holidays per year.
- 14 PTO days.
- Flexible PTO policy allowing you to work from home when needed.
- Opportunity to be on a team with a mission to improve the lives of venue employees around the world through uniquely better software, and uniquely better service.
EB Core Values:
We are on a mission to improve the lives of venue managers around the world. We are focused, and moving quickly. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve them, and we do so with software and service that exceeds all expectations. The right team member will exemplify our 4 core values:
- Servant's Heart.
- Innovator's Mind.
- Playful Spirit.
- Owner's Grit.
How to Apply:
Please complete both steps to be considered for this position:
- Click “Apply” and follow the steps on the screen.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter (PDF) as well as another copy of your resume (PDF).