Implementation Consultant - OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES
How to Apply:
Please complete both steps to be considered for this position:
- Click “Apply” and follow the steps on the screen.
- Send an email to James Trimble (COO) email@example.com with a cover letter as well as another copy of your resume.
EventBooking is looking for a full-time Implementation Consultant.
The Implementation Consultant is the primary project manager and the main point of contact for venue professionals implementing EventBooking’s VenueOps software. The Implementation Consultant establishes a relationship with the client post-sale, performs business analysis, software configuration, establishes workflow and best practices per client, plans and conducts training, gathers feedback, and ultimately sets VenueOps users up for long term success. The Implementation Consultant also works with our development team on data conversion and integration projects as needed.
This role requires strong project management and business analysis skills as well as the ability to understand and articulate technical concepts. New accounts involve many moving pieces and have many different stakeholders; the Implementation Consultant brings the different pieces and parties together, manages project requirements and expectations, and delegates and executes project tasks. An understanding of relational databases in the context of report writing is a valuable skill for this position as well.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have strong project management abilities and experience.
- You are comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously and can confidently prioritize and manage your time so tasks are accomplished in appropriate time frames.
- Venue management /event management industry experience is tremendously helpful, and we will prioritize applicants who have this experience.
- You’re great at “zooming out” to see the big picture, but not afraid to drill down to the details when needed.
- You like to keep everyone in the loop - you don’t hold back communicating about goals, expectations, tasks, and feedback; you expect the same from others.
- You prefer to argue both sides of an issue, and strive to see things from others’ perspectives.
- You love the latest cutting edge technologies and innovations and have an ability to explain them and demonstrate their value.
- You enjoy talking with clients, both in-person and on the phone, to understand their challenges and explore solutions.
- You are able to travel several times a year (typically 4-5 days at a time) to conduct on-site training for new clients.
- Experience with report writing tools and relational databases (e.g. DevExpress, Crystal Reports or MS Access) is preferred but not required.
A typical day:
- Start the day with a morning meeting with our Consulting and Client Success Teams.
- Meet with a new client over online call to discuss project timeline and requirements.
- Chat with our team about a new or prospective account.
- Coordinate a call with a client, a 3rd party software vendor, and an EB developer team to discuss an integration project.
- Build and maintain project plans for multiple projects at a time.
- Evaluate the progress of a project and update tasks and deliverables if necessary.
- Work on configuring and tailoring a VenueOps account to a client’s needs, including custom document templates and reports.
- Work with Client Success Specialists to build reports and dashboards.
- Respond to emails and phone calls as needed.
Who you’ll work with:
- Emma Schenkenberger - Director of Consulting.
- You’ll report to Emma, who oversees all of the Implementation Consultants.
- Callie O’Mahen - Implementation Consultant.
- Frank Keefer - Implementation Consultant.
- Brain Chia - Director of Product.
- David Daly - Director of Account Mgmt and Professional Services.
- Kayln Denniston - Senior Account Manager.
- Kieley Crisp - Director of Client Success.
- James Trimble - Chief Operating Officer.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage Available.
- 401(k) with generous company match.
- $25 / month gym membership stipend.
- 9 paid company holidays per year.
- 14 PTO days.
- Participation in the company bonus plan.
- Opportunity to be on a team with a mission to improve the lives of venue employees around the world through uniquely better software, and uniquely better service.
- Typical travel requirements - 4-5 days a month.
EB Core Values:
We are on a mission to improve the lives of venue managers around the world. We are focused, and moving quick. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve them, and we do so with software and service that exceeds all expectations. The right team member will exemplify our 4 core values.
- Servant's Heart.
- Innovator's Mind.
- Playful Spirit.
- Owner's Grit.